Java Application Developer
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced application developer to join our client’s application development team.
The right candidate will be asked to play the role of development lead on projects, to ensure delivery of high quality
artifacts, to adhere and to follow our client’s SDLC. This is an excellent opportunity to work on various internal and
external applications for a well-known Fortune 50 company.
Tasks and responsibilities :
- Development of features for internal and external applications.
- Document business and system requirements.
- Creation of conceptual and detailed technical design documents.
- Provide accurate and timely estimates (work breakdown schedules).
- Document and execute unit and integration tests.
- Adopt and implement standards and best practices for software development .
- Participate in code review sessions as a coordinator, owner, reader, recorder or observer.
- Support the needs and requirements of other I.S. departments.
- Provide 3rd-level application support for production installed components.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications :
- Minimum 2 years experience developing in a distributed application environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a development lead on major projects.
- Must have experience programming with popular J2EE development IDE such as Eclipse.
- Must have working knowledge of Java, JDBC, JDO, JMS, JSP, Web Services, SOAP, and XML technologies.
- Must have experience leading at least one project through a formal software development lifecycle.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written. Including ability to work with all management levels.
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
- Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
- Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules.
- Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze for potential future issues.
- 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications :
- Working knowledge with popular Java technology framework such as Spring and Hibernate preferred.
- Experience with database related development in DB2 and/or MS SQL Server is highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience with IBM development tools (RSA/RAD) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts with preferred UML experience.